Dedication of the Monument

 

The General Thaddeus Kosciuszko monument was dedicated on June 18th, 1905. The Milwaukee Sentinal wrote that 60,000 people attended the dedication, and that all of the South Side was alive with excitement. It was dedicated by Archbishop Francesco A. Symon (visiting from Poland) and accepted by the Mayor of Milwaukee, David Rose as a gift to the city.

Other Related Links: